Assistant Teachers and Assistant to the Assistant Teachers
Dear Helper, Thank you very much for assisting with our classes at the studio. You play a very important role! You are a very big help to the teacher! There are a few guideline that go along with this job and we have a few listed below. Please follow these rules.
1. Always dress like a dancer. This means wearing a leotard, stockings, and the proper shoes for each class. (Just like you were taking class yourself). NO HOLY and RIPPED up stockings! You are representing yourself as well as our school, so please dress the part!
2. Please arrive a few minutes before the class. Many times the teacher will need you to help her get the dancers in the class room.
3. NO TALKING AND CHIT CHATTING with the other assistants. This is VERY distracting to the students as well as the teachers.
4. You are NOT the teacher! Let the teacher reprimand the students. Let the teacher know IMMEDIATELY if there is a problem with anything.
5. Have fun! SMILE!!!You are a big reason why the kids like coming back each week! They like to see smiling, happy, and fun helpers!
6. The teacher does not just need help with leading the recital dances. She needs help with shoes being tied, telling the dancers to stop hanging on the barre, telling the little dancers to be a little quieter, etc. Your job is to make it a little easier for the teacher!
7. If you must take a child to the bathroom, do NOT shut the bathroom door with you in the bathroom. Please try to wait outside, keeping the door slightly open so you can keep an eye on them. Call the teacher if you really need her!
8. If a parent asks you a question or wants you to relay something to the teacher, please do so immediately.
9. If you are unable to come to class on your day, please try to let the teacher know in advance so she can get someone else to fill in for you on that day.
Thank you so much for assisting with our classes!
We really appreciate the effort it takes for you to be here!!!
Miss Linda and Miss Rhonda